103.4 Creating events that transform the visions into reality
- Target audience: Identify your audience for a community event or conference. For Teacher’s the focus might be colleges, universities, School Boards Associations, School Boards, individual schools and their classes. Each level requires a different focus. ie: a new slide show for each level.
- Create an Online Conference, have a blank slideshow, where the participants are able to type in to contribute to it – have slides that participants can write on. Find out where they live in the world.
- Know your product (Please refer to the “Marketing and Promotions” page for more information)
- Know how to use an online conference room. Train and encourage others to use the conference room.
- Choose a date/time and place
- Food/Drinks for breaks even if it is an online conference.
- Format: Projectors, computers, other equipment
- Create brochure/flyer/invite with information on what to bring
- Incentive based on the target audience- Certificates, university credit/ points towards.
- Trade Show Table: Display boards, sheets to cover the table and hide boxes.
- Camera to prove that your event happened. Have one other person attend from your NGO. Photograph the display.
- If done online: you need take picture of each participant to add to the speakers’ slide show. Also need a list of what the participants training slideshow.
103.5 Wear your company hat
- Take on the role of your NGO/CSO or who you are representing.
- Engage in relevant discussions.
- Smile even online as it shows in your voice.
- Think about all aspects that work depending on the conference/meeting being attended. For example, for Ocean/Water-related conferences/discussions, take the appropriate pins. Wear clothing in the colour schemes/ themes of the ocean/water if possible